Game Over Program Issues, Please Help!

I've just started to learn C++ programming and have picked up the book Beginning C++ through game programming. I'm attempting to complete the first lesson which seems rather simple so I'm not sure how I'm messing it up. The task is to enter code and create an application that will read Game Over! I've copied the code and when I go to build my solution it fails. I've copied the code exactly so I don't understand what's going wrong. The code I've typed is below in the code section. I've also copied and pasted the output I see when I build my solution directly below this question. I'm not an expert but the output does read "error C2039: 'end1' : is not a member of 'std'" this could be the issue. Any help would be very appreciated thank you.

1>------ Build started: Project: game_over, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> game_over.cpp
1>c:\users\grant\c++\game_over\game_over2\game_over\game_over\game_over.cpp(8): error C2039: 'end1' : is not a member of 'std'
1>c:\users\grant\c++\game_over\game_over2\game_over\game_over\game_over.cpp(8): error C2065: 'end1' : undeclared identifier
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

//Game Over
// A first C++ program

#include <iostream>

int main() 
{
	std::cout << "Game Over!" << std::end1;
	return 0;
}
it's not end1 like the number one... it's endl like the letter 'L' (as in... "end line")
haha this one made me laugh because i thought it was a '1' when i first started as well.
they look soooo similar when im sitting far away from the screen.

but yes it is endl as what Disch said, and endl is a member of std so you will need to include that
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.