SFML Error

Hi, i've decided to start learning SFML.. But when i try to install it i get this error(im running VS2010 express):
sfml-graphics-d.lib(sfml-graphics-d-2.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

I've been searchin around, watched videos, reinstalled VS2010 but with no luck :/
Please help me with this, i really want to get started with SFML.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
try recompiling the <edit> sfml </edit> source.
Last edited on
Your program is being built as a 64-bit program.
Your SFML lib was built as being a 32-bit program.

That's a mismatch. If you are making a 64-bit program, you need the 64-bit version of SFML.

Do one of two things:

1) Switch your program to be a 32-bit program (in your project settings, go to the "Linker / Advanced" section, look for the "Target Machine" property and switch it to MachineX86).

or

2) Get the 64-bit version of SFML (if you downloaded the binaries, redownload the 64-bit versions. Or if you built from SFML source, rebuild with above "Target Machine" option set to MachineX64)
@Disch
You are right, but I think he has SFML built 64 bit and is trying to build a 32 bit app.
I say this because if I change solution platform to x64 and try to build (with 32 bit SFML) I get
sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(RenderStates.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
sorry to nit-pick.

@Turnurs
Follow Disch's instructions (1) except change target to MachineX64. Or change the solution platform drop down menu (on toolbar) from Win32 to x64 (you may have to add it).
naraku9333:

Ah you're right. I had them backwards. Nice catch.
Thanks guys, solved my problem!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.