Problem with multiple inputs

I have wrote a function that ask the user for two numbers. If the user got the right two numbers the function the function repeats itself untill the user guessed right four times.

The problem is however that at some point the input isn't stored correctly or something.

For example, If 4 and 3 are the correct numbers and I enter them the programm will say that I got them right and asks again for two numbers, but when I enter another pair of numbers (different numbers than 4 & 3), for some reason the programm will store 4 and 3 to the variable despite whatever number I enter.

Does this has something to do with cin.ignore() and cin.clear()????? because I am not using those functions.
Last edited on
Can't tell without seeing your code.
Please use code tags when posting your code.
Yeah we cant help you without seeing you scource code.
So I am making a battleship game. And this is the code for the player shoting at the ships of the computer. The problem is, is that sometimes the programm uses a previous input while I already entered new coordinates.

a created a 2d-array as board so the player can see where he fired already.

void Player_FireAtComputer(){

for (char count5 = 0; count5 < 1; count5++){                                                       
		if (Speler_Hit == 4){                                                                       // The player can hit 4 possible targets so if he hits times 4 he has won
			for (char count6 = 0; count6 < 5; count6++){
			   	cout << "\Player has won!!!";
			}
			break;
		}

cin >> GokLocatie1Rij_C;                                      // GokLocatie1Rij_C is the row number the player is shoting at
		GokLocatie1Rij_C--;

cin >> GokLocatie1Kolom_C;                             // GokLocatie1Kolom_C is the colom number the player is shoting at
		GokLocatie1Kolom_C--;
		cout << "\n";

if ((GokLocatie1Rij_C == LocatieBoot1_Rij_C) && (GokLocatie1Kolom_C = LocatieBoot1_Kolom_C)){                            //if the coordinate entered is equal to one of the  ships of the computer 
			cout << "HIT 1" << endl;

SpelBordTegenstander [GokLocatie1Rij_C][GokLocatie1Kolom_C] = "R";                                                           //if the coordinate is right.the letter R is placed in the  2d array
			Speler_Hit++;                                                                                                                                                  //adds one to Player_Hit
			SpeelVeldComputer();                                                                                                                                            //function to print the 2d array
			 Player_FireAtComputer();                                                                                                                                                 //the function is called again because if the player hits he can shoot again
		}
		else if  ((GokLocatie1Rij_C == ExtraBoot1_Rij_C) && (GokLocatie1Kolom_C == ExtraBoot1_Kolom_C)){                    //this statement works the same as the previous one
                        cout << "HIT 2" << endl;
			SpelBordTegenstander [GokLocatie1Rij_C][GokLocatie1Kolom_C] = "R";
			Speler_Hit++;
			SpeelVeldComputer();
			Player_FireAtComputer();
		}
		else if ((GokLocatie1Rij_C == LocatieBoot2_Rij_C) && (GokLocatie1Kolom_C = LocatieBoot2_Kolom_C)) {                //this statement works the same as the previous one
			cout << "HIT 3" << endl;
			Speler_Hit++;
			SpeelVeldComputer();
			Player_FireAtComputer();
		}
		else if ((GokLocatie1Rij_C == ExtraBoot2_Rij_C) && (GokLocatie1Kolom_C == ExtraBoot2_Kolom_C)){           //this statement works the same as the previous one
                         cout << "HIT 4" << endl;
			Speler_Hit++;
			SpeelVeldComputer();
			Player_FireAtComputer();
		}
		else{                                                                                                                                         // if the player doesn't hit anything, a X is marked on the board and the board is printed and the Computer can fire at the player
			cout << "You missed." << endl;
			SpelBordTegenstander [GokLocatie1Rij_C][GokLocatie1Kolom_C] = "X";
			cout << endl;
			SpeelVeldComputer();
			Computer_FireAtPlayer();
		}
	}

}

i hope the code makes sense to you because a named the variables in Dutch
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.