UI code

I am new to C++ and I am trying to find some code for a simple user interface, like a button that you push and something pops up. I just want to look the code over to experiment and see how it works. Any help would be most appreciated, thanks!
closed account (zbRGNwbp)
Here are some suggestions: If you want to program GUI applications for windows only, Win32 application is good for you. And there is Qt which is completely cross-platformed, and wxWidgets, another cross-platform GUI application and it is free and open source.
At first I wanted to use Qt, but I am running a machine on Mint, which can't use Qt, and definitely cant run Win32. Thanks anyway.
It did, thank you.
Well, its installed, but the .run file the creator came in isn't starting with the code in the terminal.
The file only has read & write permission set. You have to make it executable by setting the execute bit.

chmod +x qt-creator-linux-x86_64-opensource-2.8.0.run

Edit:: formatted
Last edited on
Thanks, I'll try that.
I ran that bit of code, and this command sh qt-creator-linux-x86_64-opensource-2.8.0.run and got this error message qt-creator-linux-x86_64-opensource-2.8.0.run: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

The file is not a shell script it is an executable in ELF format:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format

All you need to do is: ./qt-creator-linux-x86_64-opensource-2.8.0.run
That worked perfectly, thanks so much.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.