Does anyone want to create a C++/OpenGL game?

I have the basic window setup, keyboard input, a square which is the controllable character, a few rectangles which represent walls.

http://i.imgur.com/DIG5A4g.png

This all so far - a basic 3D OpenGL game.

However, I haven't thought of anything I desire to create, but I have many ideas.

Is anyone with decent C++ knowledge and previous OpenGL experience willing to collaborate?

If so, post below & add gamemaker96 on Skype.

Additional info: Please only add me if you have available time, which I'm sure a lot of you have this summer :) - thanks.
Last edited on
gamemaker96 wrote:
However, I haven't thought of anything I desire to create, but I have many ideas.
Use this time to modularize your code so you're not writing glDoSomethingForMeAfterILookYouUpInTheReference every single time you want to add something.
I don't understand..
Make your code easier to add on to, now that you have the hang of basic OpenGL and some ideas as to the directions you may want to go.

If you keep adding onto your code like it is now it will only get more annoying to change things later on.
Okay thanks I will do.

So does anyone reading this want to collaborate and make a game?

Post below.
I really dont know how to use OpenGL, but I am learning SFML. I would be happy to help.
If you want to make collaboration easier, try checking out GitHub and Git.
"If you want to make collaboration easier, try checking out GitHub and Git."

VSAnywhere is also very nice.

"I really dont know how to use OpenGL, but I am learning SFML. I would be happy to help."

Sure.. what's your skype?
Make your code easier to add on to

What do you think of this?

void drawRectangle(float startX, float startY, float startZ, float endX, float endY, float endZ) {
	glBegin(GL_QUADS);

glVertex3f(startX, startY, startZ);

glVertex3f(endX, startY, endZ);

glVertex3f(endX, endY, endZ);

glVertex3f(startX, endY, startZ);

glEnd();
}
Anyone willing to join?
I mean, I would love to do it. I know C++ and I am a CS major at Uni. I am only familiar with SDL for graphics though but I am willing to learn if you think it would be okay. I would be pretty dedicated.

Erock
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.