What i need to learn

OK, so ive decided to learn a language for the first time. My goal is to design windows applications with it. A few questions:

1 - What language to learn for an absolute beginner, C# or C++?

2 - Where to learn it, because everything I have on both languages assumes some prior knowledge

3 - I want my applications to access a database, can I set this up using the language, visual studio and a local copy of SQL express?

4 - It seems like i need to learn a lot more than just the language to actually be productive. Can anyone tell me what else I should learn about?

By the way, I have the time and resources to learn all i need to, i just need to know what exactly i'm supposed to be looking for?

Thanks guys

Anthony
If you want to learn for Windows, I am pretty sure C# is the way to go, just because it is specialized for Windows and .NET
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
honestly though, for an absolute beginner im still recommending python. it helps you learn things easier imo and then switching to c++ is easier, and ive found that knowing c++ lets you learn other languages easier. i cant write c#, but i could you tell you (for the most part) what one of their programs will do looking at the source
i think ill stick with c#, can someone answer the other questions?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.