I've been in and out of C++ for the past three or so years now. I am interested in taking my low level command-based programming to the next step. If you range anywhere from a programmer that just wrote his/her first 'cout' to one that can solve complex algorithms, then you are the perfect match. Well, you are almost the perfect match.
- Have extremely basic knowledge of C++ (i.e. knowing syntax, how to comment out code, etc.)
- Able to communicate and work with others (including compromise, partial dedication)
- Willing to spend at least an hour every week with the team (not in person; this is entirely online)
- Share my interest in creating games (not to say we can't code anything but games)
- We would use BitBucket to manage all of our code.
- Maximum of 5 members unless everyone is willing to pay $1 a month.
- IRC, Skype, and/or Teamspeak 3 for communication.
- Expect to do more than just one project.
If you are an extremely skilled programmer, it'd be great to have your help. If you are a complete beginner, then it'd also be great to have your help. While I don't have a definite or concrete idea as to what we'd work on first, it'd have to be a command-line based, interactive program/game. It should take no longer than a couple of weeks to finish after the team has been assembled and acquainted. I'm sure that I'm leaving a lot of questions unanswered, so feel free to leave a reply with any questions or concerns you may have.
While I don't want you to feel like you are applying for a job, I believe the most organized way to find out who is interested would be a submission form. It is a survey and not a resume or application.
NOTE: If you are not comfortable submitting a form, then privately message me on this forum.