Collaborative Project for Beginners

I've been in and out of C++ for the past three or so years now. I am interested in taking my low level command-based programming to the next step. If you range anywhere from a programmer that just wrote his/her first 'cout' to one that can solve complex algorithms, then you are the perfect match. Well, you are almost the perfect match.

Requirements:
- Have extremely basic knowledge of C++ (i.e. knowing syntax, how to comment out code, etc.)
- Able to communicate and work with others (including compromise, partial dedication)
- Willing to spend at least an hour every week with the team (not in person; this is entirely online)
- Share my interest in creating games (not to say we can't code anything but games)

Information:
- We would use BitBucket to manage all of our code.
- Maximum of 5 members unless everyone is willing to pay $1 a month.
- IRC, Skype, and/or Teamspeak 3 for communication.
- Expect to do more than just one project.

If you are an extremely skilled programmer, it'd be great to have your help. If you are a complete beginner, then it'd also be great to have your help. While I don't have a definite or concrete idea as to what we'd work on first, it'd have to be a command-line based, interactive program/game. It should take no longer than a couple of weeks to finish after the team has been assembled and acquainted. I'm sure that I'm leaving a lot of questions unanswered, so feel free to leave a reply with any questions or concerns you may have.

While I don't want you to feel like you are applying for a job, I believe the most organized way to find out who is interested would be a submission form. It is a survey and not a resume or application.

Form: http://goo.gl/ozYYjD

NOTE: If you are not comfortable submitting a form, then privately message me on this forum.
Last edited on
This is a wonderful idea! I hope you get some people to join you.

Please consider me an informal resource for assistance if you as a group would ever like it (I'd rather not take up a space in the 5 free member slots that someone else could have filled).

-Albatross
ive been learning c++ for 1 and a half yrs. good. but not dat good. though i cant be a member. i can help as an informal resource (like albatross) if u want ^^
Okay. I'll be sure to let you know if I need any extra help I presume.
Looking for one more person. Thank you for your interests!
I started the computer science program at my school this semester and amongst other classes I have a C++ one which I'm absolutely loving so far.

My skills are still very limited at the moment, but I keep learning new things everyday and the assignments are not enough to quench my thirst.

I'd be really interested in joining the team, I'll also fill a form following this post.
Last edited on
@prattcmp
: by the way, when you meant "Maximum of 5 members unless everyone is willing to pay $1 a month." does that mean members have to pay 1$ if its less than 5 people?
@Dammned Programmer No , only if there's more than 5.
Still looking for more interested people.
Prattcmp, definately interested and currently taking a c++programming class right now. Have a big passion for programming and so far a bulk of knowledge up to void functions. By the end of earliest of December , I should get knowledge up too arrays and string functions. Can I contribute, meanwhile?
@fahmankhan75 You sure can. Just submit a form.
Question. how do we know when it starts?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.