Help!

My professor just assigned this in class. I have no idea how to even start. Please help me out. Here it is:

Create a function that creates an array of 50,000 strings - repeat "Hi", "Hey", "Hello", "What's up" 12,500 times. Return the array of strings from the function. Give the function an appropriate name and return type.

Create a function that adds "Hi", "Hey", "Hello", "What's up" 12,500 times to an vector of strings. Return the vector of strings from the function.

Create a function that takes in a pointer to an integer. Send in the address of the integer. Add ten to the integer using the pointer within the function.

Call the previous three functions from your main function.

Save the memory location of the array of strings returned from the function to a file known as "output.txt".
What do you mean you have no idea how to start? This implies you have never even written the hello world program. ;p

Just do what you know how to do, make the basic outline of the program, etc, and if you get stuck, post what you have with a specific question.

By the way, it is against the rules to have your topic title contain the word "help" at all.
Last edited on
I see. I just read the rules. I will work on it and come back with specific questions. Thank you.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.