Issue with sdl mixer...

When I attempt to load a wav file it fails to load. I have checked the path over and over and even Used other wav files to see if it made a difference and nothing. Any suggestions ?

Are you getting any error codes from SDL_GetError() or Mix_GetError() ?
Mix. It just says what I already know, that it can't load what I need to load
Well, you may know what you already know, but I don't know.
Mix_GetError() should return a human readable string pertaining to the last error. What exactly does it say? It could be any number of reasons why your wave files aren't loading, so help us help you.
Additionally, if your code is short, or if you can isolate the problem to a snippet, I would be willing to take a look at that as well.
In situations like this a common mistake is often to assume that relative paths are always relative the executable file.

Relative paths starts from the current working directory. If you start your program by double clicking on the executable file the current working directory will be the directory where the executable file is located. If you start your program from the command line the current working directory will be the directory that you set using the cd command. If you start your program from an IDE the current working directory is often set to the project directory (not the source directory) but this can differ between IDEs.
The human readable string just said "can't load file". I am using code blocks. Anyway to set the directory properly?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.