WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS SYMBOL?? "θ"

hi guysss!! im trying to work with this annoying symbol and doesnt show them on the console when i run it!!
and i might have a tinyyy problem with my f1 and f2 calculations!
can anybody help me?? thanks:)

Design a program in C whose task is to compute the values of the following two functions of angle θ specified in degrees over two user-specified contiguous angle zones:

F1 = sin θ + 2 cos 2θ for θ1 ≤ θ ≤ θ2, and
F2 = sin 2θ – cos θ for θ2 < θ ≤ θ3

where θ1, θ2 and θ3 are user-specified values of angle θ, with increment in value of θ from one value to the next being Δθ which is also user-specified. When executed, the program will do the following in the indicated sequence:

1. Ask the user to type on the keyboard values of the angles θ1, θ2, θ3, and Δθ.
2. The program will then compute the values of F1 and F2 over the indicated angle zones.
3. The program will then produce a console display in a tabular format of the values of θ (degrees), θ (radians), F1 and F2, with each of the four columns in the display being 16 characters wide, and the four variable values displayed as floating point numbers with two places of decimal which are left-justified in the columns.

Use the following input values for generating your sample output: θ1 = -300, θ2 = 700, θ3 = 1300, and Δθ = 100.

AND I HAVE CODED THIS below....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include<stdio.h>
#include<math.h>
#define pi 3.14

int main(){
float degrees,radians,F1,F2;
float θ1,θ2,θ3,Δθ,θ,i;

printf("enter a value for θ1: ");
scanf("%f",&θ1);
printf("enter a value for θ2: ");
scanf("%f",&θ2);
printf("enter a value for θ3: ");
scanf("%f",&θ3);
printf("enter a value for Δθ: ");
scanf("%f",Δθ);

printf("\n\tANGLE(DEGREES)\t\tANGLE(RADIANS)\t\tF1\t\tF2\n");
printf("\n\t--------------\t\t--------------\t\t--\t\t--\n");

for(i=θ1;i<=θ3;i=i+Δθ){
degrees=i;
radians=(degrees*pi)/180;
for(i=θ1;i<=θ3;i=i+Δθ){
F1=(sin (θ))+(2*(cos (2*θ)));
F2=(sin (2*θ))-(cos (θ));
}
printf("\t\t%10.2f\t\t\t%10.2f\t\t\t%10.2f\t\t\t%10.2f\n",degrees,radians,F1,F2);

}

getchar();

return 0;
}

the diagnostics I get are

test.cc:16:12: warning: format specifies type 'float *' but the argument has type 'double' [-Wformat]
scanf("%f",Δθ);
       ~~  ^~
test.cc:16:12: warning: variable 'Δθ' is uninitialized when used here [-Wuninitialized]
scanf("%f",Δθ);
           ^~
test.cc:7:23: note: initialize the variable 'Δθ' to silence this warning
float θ1,θ2,θ3,Δθ,θ,i;
                 ^
                  = 0.0
test.cc:25:10: warning: variable 'θ' is uninitialized when used here [-Wuninitialized]
F1=(sin (θ))+(2*(cos (2*θ)));
         ^
test.cc:7:26: note: initialize the variable 'θ' to silence this warning
float θ1,θ2,θ3,Δθ,θ,i;
                   ^
                    = 0.0
3 warnings generated.

but it's very much possible that your compiler can't handle non-latin characters in the names of the variables. Call them float theta1, theta2, theta3, delta_theta, theta, i;
Last edited on
Variable names must start with an underscore or letter then the rest of the characters may be either underscores, letters, or numbers.

http://mathbits.com/MathBits/CompSci/DataBasics/naming.htm

[edit]actually never mind those variable names should work since the characters should be unicode and not ascii.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.