Allegro text rpg help

Ok so I made a text based rpg using the console. It is fairly complete. Was actually working on putting together a simple story to see if all the stuff actually fit with what was happening. And it went fairly well. Sure I am still learning and I can point out several parts where I really need to work on my skills. For example the inventory. Hah. It is the ugliest thing but it works! I made it all using a bunch of if statements and... Well... IT WORKS! So I was happy.

Recently I have been working on learning allegro5. It's going pretty well too. And I was messing around with putting a font to text and found I could insert a variable to the window. A variable that can be changed in the console as different events happen. So I thought hey I can use the allegro display to show the characters stats while still running the game in console. And it works well.

So what I am really looking for now is can someone lead me to somewhere to learn about creating text on a window that will diss appear and be replaced by new text? I want to try and use the allegro window to also include the situations of the text rpg. Anyone have any pointers to videos ect?

Thanks a lot!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.