visual studio isnt debugging

hi all!
i just installed visual studio on my lap top.
weird thing happen that i cant debug. i try to debug and all i get is a black window for a moment and that's it!
also i'm able to "start without debug" only if i do "build project" each time.
i.e if i don't do "build project" so the output i'll get will be the same as the previous output.
idea someone??
Set a breakpoint in your code, then run in debug. Sounds like your program is running, completing, and the console is closing down. Check the stickied post in this forum ( http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/ ) for ways to keep the console open.
no of course i tried this.. it doesn't help
seems like the debugger is not linked to the file or something like that because as i told, i have to build and then what i can onlt do is start without debugging
What happens when you press F5? Is there a green play button? What options are enabled under the Debug menu?
i manage to debug... now i work on a program that when i debug i get a massage of no source code but i think its because of something specific in this program.
the problem is if i want to debug i need to build first and then debug.
isnt the f5 should build as well before debugging?
You can only debug projects, not individual files.
ok.. i didnt describe the problem well...
until now.. when i changed code and wanted to debug i just pressed f5 and it included the build of the project.
now i first have to build/unbuild and then execute or debug.
if i just try to debug the program will be dubugged to the last time i press build.
how can it be solved? thanks
Tools + Options, Projects and Solutions, Build and Run. "On Run, when projects are out of date" = Always build. The one below that = Do not launch."

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2646858/visual-studio-2010-isnt-building-before-a-run-when-there-are-code-changes-it-w

I just quoted the top response. Check some of the others there, too, if this one doesn't work.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.