Where to Start?

Ok I know you have probably heard this question a thousand times, but I have to ask, I know nothing about programming but I really want to learn, where is the best place for me to start and is c++ a good place to start.

Any help would be really appreciated, and once again I apologise for asking, but you have to try.

Godmonkee
On the menu on the left side of the site, go to documentation. First thing on the list is a tutorial :) It's really good and it's what got me started
Thank you for the quick reply, ok then off I go, let the fun begin.
To start learning programming, C/++ are not the best languages.

The two classic first programming languages are BASIC (not Visual BASIC) and Pascal. I never learnt Pascal, but I can recommend BASIC as a good start.
Nowadays, Python is seeing an increasing popularity both as a first language and as a first object oriented language. It also has a very complete library and functional programming characteristics, both of which make mastered Python more useful than mastered BASIC or Pascal. FIOC (Forced Indentation Of Code) is also important to teach beginners the importance of indentation and style in coding.

Feel free to come back to C or C++ after six months or a year of Python (start counting after finishing a moderately-sized tutorial).
I started with C/C++, but I would agree that it is probably better to start with Python basically for the reasons helios stated.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.