i want...

I am new to programming

I want to write my own programming language just like java,c and otherss
i want to name it tree language
what should i do?
This forum is for C++ programming discussion/questions, and while you may certainly use C++ in your quest, this post doesn't seem to be asking anything on topic. Perhaps you could be more specific in your question.

Write your own programming language and call it tree.
I am new to programming

I want to write my own programming language just like java,c and otherss

oh my
cire
You mean by c I can create new programming language?
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Sorry this is not the place to ask questions like that, this place is mainly for C++ and as Cire siad you might use it but you arent asking for anything specific and we cant really help you
Ok suppose I want to create new programming language with help of c what should i do?Can you point out any article about this to me?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Try the dragon book:
"Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools" by Alfred V. Aho et al

or

"Language Implementation Patterns: Create Your Own Domain-Specific and General Programming Languages " by Terence Parr

and check out The LLVM Compiler Infrastructure:

http://llvm.org
Thanks Canis I will go after these books just now
I got both books they are available online
Last edited on
If you are new to programming I'd suggest learning to program before creating a language. Secondly you will probably want to learn Assembly Language as this is the closest you can get to the hardware. Thirdly you need to understand the hardware on an intimate level.
Good point CodeGoggles...yes assembly ...this must be necessary
I know c only
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Here's something else for you:
Writing Your Own Toy Compiler Using Flex, Bison and LLVM
http://gnuu.org/2009/09/18/writing-your-own-toy-compiler/

Thanks again Canis
That's a great idea, writing your own language is a great task. I would say start of learning the basic languages like C/C++, Java, Matlab, and etc so that you can model your langauge after these codes.

-Good Luck, Kyianna.
Thanks Jones
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.