I would like some projects ideas

I arrived to the point where I want to do something really useful but I can't.
I'm studying C++ at school but it's almost over, I exactly know basic things like variables, loops, conditions, functions, arrays, bidimensional arrays, structures and files (not binary) but I'm stuck.

Could you please give me some ideas? Thanks.
You did not mention OOD.

Why not try and find something you use or do everyday like a atm, bus ticket machine, buy coffee. Then try and model a ADT that encapsulates your data type and try and learn and implement good clean OOD design.

or try and tackle at Algorithms and Problem Solving book for C++

edit: changed ODD to OOD
Last edited on
Oh yeah forgot to say that I studied classes on my own.

Thanks for the tip, that's on the list!
If what I am suggesting sounds like a rote task. Try and find inspiration in seeking making something you use better. Have you never had the thought, if this system [insert thing you use every day] worked like this, it would be so much easier / better?

Just from my own point of view, that is the thing that drives me to get up and try and try again. I don't mind sacrificing perfection to make something a bit better.

Another thing that I tend to come back to, (and keep learning from) is solving small tasks at work. Looking for ways to automate tasks to gain efficiency and accuracy.

So I guess it is entirely subjective. Your opinion will win over mine in this case. Always. So think about what you like to do or want to learn more about, and how you can improve or use these things with a program. That's where I find most of my inspiration
So... you just can't think of what you should create?

Well, it all depends why you even started to learn C++.
Did you learn just for the hell of it or did you have a goal to make a certain program or game or something?

Making a video game would probably be a nice challenge for you if your up to it. Probably just some 2D game though if your just going for a simple project, but if you mean more large scale then go right ahead and do whatever you want.
I'm studying it at school, anyway, thanks for the help to you both!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.