Loading int from file.

I want to load the INT from the file which is a number. Can you please show me a code? This is the code I got but this error 268 C:\Dev-Cpp\Applications - Console\Numbers\main.cpp no matching function for call to `getline(std::ifstream&, int&)'

ifstream infile;
    infile.open ("pokeballs.dat");
    getline(infile, a);
    a = x;
    infile.close();

closed account (j3Rz8vqX)
Maybe, you should use:
infile>>a;
@PrivateRyan

Can you please tell me what the correct use of it might be? I don't find anything different though.

@Dput

Your code removed my errors, but it is not going to save.

int a, b, k;
    ifstream infile;
    infile.open ("pokeballs.dat");
    infile >> a;
    a = x;
    infile.close();

// 
    infile.open ("pokemons.dat");
    infile >> b;
    b = y;
    infile.close();
    //
    infile.open ("cash.dat");
    infile >> k;
    k = z;
    infile.close();

What might the problem be? Defines are on top of the script ( start)

int c; // chances
int nn; // command for catching pokemon or buying pokeballs
int n; // second command
int x; // pokeballs
int y; //pokemons
int z; // cash 

Also, my int main() is at the end of the code because that's the only way I can get my script run the other functions (other(); and game();)

^ That ain't my main problem now, but if that's what is causing errors, than I have to find a solution to it. If it isn't, than it is not opening me much problems.
    infile >> a;
    a = x;

You read in from the file to a, then overwrite what you've read in with whatever's in x. Did you mean to save the file value to x instead?

Also, my int main() is at the end of the code because that's the only way I can get my script run the other functions (other(); and game();)

You can have functions defined after main, but then you need to declare the function/put a function prototype before main.
See this page - scroll down to Declaring Functions.
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/
closed account (j3Rz8vqX)
Yeah, you overwritten the precious value you had retrieved from file with x, y, z.
a = x;

The precious data (a), that we had exerted resources to receive, is now overwritten with x.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.