learn by teaching

Write your question here.
Am a beginner in C++ language. am a 2nd year student in computer science and i desire to take C++ tutorial with my colleague in my department.i have practiced enough and confident i can take them .please guys i need your encouragement am only doing this so i can learn faster and perfect my skill.thanks guys
Good Luck!
> please guys i need your encouragement
¿a por ellos?
Okay, I'll be the jerk. ... "Learn by teaching" translates to me as "the blind leading the blind". To me that is like saying I'm going to learn to drive by teaching my cousin to drive. You can't teach what you don't know, and if you are learning it and immediately teaching it then chances are greater of misunderstanding and doing it wrong. This method of learning by teaching does more harm than good. I personally would recommend against it.
closed account (10X9216C)
Are you really comparing driving to coding? I could drive when i was 6 years old, is it responsible? No. Really don't learn to drive, you learn to drive responsibly and safely, if anything that's what driving ed / exam is for.
Do you have trouble understanding what you read? I wasn't comparing driving to coding at all, but rather the folly in the notion of "learn by teaching". You being able to drive by 6 deals with other problems that have nothing to do with this thread (like the mental state of the person that thought it was a good idea to teach a kid that young how to drive), but still doesn't offer a counterpoint to mine. If the OP isn't proficient in C++, and thinks he will learn it by teaching others, then the others will suffer for what he doesn't know. Same goes for everything you would try to 'learn by teaching'.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.