Need help building a project that uses non-standard libraries

I'm trying to build a project called KISS Player (http://sourceforge.net/projects/kissplayer) but I've never built a project that relies on outside libraries before, so I need someone to walk me through this. I'm using Code::Blocks with MinGW on Windows 7.

Problem #1
When I try to compile, I get an error from fileref.h (part of taglib) that says "tfile.h: No such file or directory". tfile.h is there, but it's in a directory called toolkit. However, changing the include to "toolkit/tfile.h" does nothing. What do I do?

I haven't built the libraries yet, but I don't think it matters yet at this stage. I should be able to compile and then get errors from the linker, right?
Last edited on
Really? This product doesn't come with a makefile? To me that's a red flag not to bother but if you really want it:

Project -> Build Options -> Search Directories. You'll want to add the path for that file under the "Compiler" tab so that Code::Blocks knows to include that directory when looking for files.
Yes, it does come with a makefile. It also comes with a .cbp which is what I'm using.

Alright, it looks like I should build the libraries first because there's an include for taglib_config.h which isn't there yet. I don't know the first thing about building libraries. I looked in taglib's doc directory and there's a readme that says "Run "make docs" in the parent directory to generate the TagLib API documentation." How do I do this?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.