The melancholy of a noob

First of all, i would like to clarify that i am not trolling, bashing and advertising. I would like someone to give me his best advice for my course of action

Well i am a beginner in c++ without prior knowledge of programming. I brought a book called c++ primer plus 6th edition and read from the scratch. Fortunately it was worth it and i learn a lot. (I learned loops, if else, pointers, arrays, basic variables hell even multi dimensional array) Then i was planning to buy another book for in-depth when i came across a post saying that it recommends c++ primer for beginner. He/she even provided a link for a website (stackoversomething). When i visited that site i saw that c++ primer is good for beginner but it says at the bottom that it should not be confused for c++ primer plus because the latter have low rating. So i decided to not continue reading c++ primer plus. I believe in peoples opinion i purchased c++ primer and started from scratch again, but god it was horrible, i didn't understand a thing. Though it was detailed it fails to give an examples at it uses. So i visited the site and saw another beginner book named accelerated c++ a lot of people recommends it for beginners too. So i became cautious and just downloaded an ebook. The book explanation was fast and failed to explain alot especially the while loop i didn't understand it. Though i know how to use it already thanks to c++ primer plus but if that's the way they teach i bet i won't understand a thing even if i finished the book.

So now my real problem, is there even a book out there that is beginner friendly with good explanation like c++ primer plus? (Like how it explains how to use pointer for array as a dynamic array instead of static array). Please help me out.

Last edited on
Hello, I am a beginner as well. I have been using a textbook Starting out with c++, it's my third week in and so far I think I'm doing ok. I also know a lot of people recommend jumping into c++ (cprogramming.com). Hope that helps..
Hello thank you for replying. What edition is that book you are using?
why wont you buy the book from the creator of c++ it sure is good
im always using the book of the creator like the book of rossum in phyton,php oreily,C deniss ritchie
I am also a beginner wit no basic knowledge. This is my first week in c++ and i think this forum is better than my text book.. :-D coz the book is not as organised as i thought. So i started with a lower level called "let us c" believe me its easier starting wit c than c++ because in c++ they skip the basics. If u r to understand the book u bought u better buy a book by the same author in c because he might have assumed u to know c in his c++ book.
@Javaspell just forumns+ebook+tutorials =very good :)
Last edited on
I'm using the 7th edition, however the teacher said we could use the 6th..
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.