language learner

please suggest the sequence to learn languages...I know c++ intermediately... I am a undergraduate. ... going for computer science and Engineering degree.....thanks
I would suggest learning what interests you. C++ is a good language to know because it is so powerful, but there are a lot of languages that use similar syntax, and learning them would be easy. Ultimately when you have a computer science or software engineering degree, you will be expected to be able to program in whatever language is needed at the time. Having a strong grasp of the fundamentals is the most important piece in that regard. You could try learning languages with a very different syntax. That could be very useful. Scheme and TCL are a couple that come to mind.
since you know already c++ intermediately why dont you continue it, c++ is a game programming language and like discofire said it is so powerful and any language you learned/mastered you can learn other language even if it is not same syntax but same definiton/function
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.