Help me!!

Ok, first of all, i'm newbie to computer languages.

However few days ago, i started learning c++ and wondering how the heck games are made with c++, and i realized that c++ uses lots of libraries to do advanced stuffs. and that was whole different world.

so my questions.

1. what the hell is Directx and Api?

2. tell me details about libraries and header file. (i hope #include <iostream> is one of these)

3. is there is any languages that does not need libraries? (i heard that java do not requires libraries)

Thanks!!

*Edited*

i have another questions.

1. does libraries made of c++?

2. if i master basics of c++, do i have to learn directx thingie to make games? how much times does it takes to master?

3. is there more things to learn?
Last edited on
DirectX is a framework that encompasses various game-related libraries. Most commonly, DirectX is used to refer to Direct3D, a library used to communicate with graphics hardware, especially 3D-accelerated hardware.
An API is the part of a library or program that exposes provided services to other programs. For example, Windows has a function called CreateProcessW() that's used to create new processes. the function is an API to the process creation service.

A language that doesn't "need" a library for a specific service would simply already include it's own library that provides that service. That saves you the hassle of having to include the library in your project, but that's it. You still have to learn how to use the library all the same.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.