how long does it take for you to finish a c++ book

how long does it take for you to learn a c++ book ? everyday i read about people who finish an over 1000 pages c++ book in 2 months or less....i'm a beginner and i'm learning c++ trough the c++ primer book....i started 40 days ago and i've studied about 100 pages...why i need of more time to learn than other programmers ? i'm just a beginner and i spent a lot of times about pointer because they are really hard... i have a lot of free times and my question is : why i need of so much time ? every time i read a new chapter i read and study the example and write the example and i always modify the source code for testing.... i do all the exercise but i feel i'm going to slow... is because i'm an absolute beginner ?

for now i studied : basic input output, variables , pointers and reference, string type.....
It honestly is not about how fast you go. Just learn the material one step at a time. Retain the information, test it, code with it, practice with it, do what ever you have to.

Not sure how many people in this world will go through a 1000+ page book and retain all the information in it, especially when learning a new "language" (coding or not).

You are learning something new, it takes time. And C++ is no exception. I believe it's even harder because not only do you need to know how to code, you need to understand the code, how it works, and how to use it or not use it in certain situations or otherwise.

tl;dr Just take your time, learn at your own pace, you're doing great. :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.