How to link to libraries?

I need to link to GLEW and SFGUI libraries. SFGUI is a graphics library for SFML. I built SFGUI with Cmake and then now I dont know what to do, the documentation does not tell me how to do it.
You do know that you don't link the libraries to each other right? You link them each independently to your project and your code mediates the interaction between the two.

Kudos on successfully running CMAKE on your own by the way. After my last couple of failed attempts to walk people through it I've come to remember how difficult it can be for people at first.
Yeah, sorry i meant i need to link them to my code. I'd like to link them statically so that I dont have to keep setting it up when I want to make a new project. I built SFGUI in C:/SFGUI and I have GLEW on my desktop but I dont know what to do from there.

Thanks, It was kind of hard to do at first, but I built SFML with it before hand so it wasnt' TOO difficult but it's definetly not something I want to do again lol.
Well what IDE are you using? In Code::Blocks you would just go to Project -> Build Options -> (Release & Debug) -> Linker Options: and use the add button to navigate to and add the relevant files accordingly.

Unfortunately this is an unusual arrangement of libraries so I personally can't tell you off the top of my head which link order is the correct one.

Use the inherent features of your IDE, these tools are popular among us non-puritans for several dead good reasons.
Yeah i'm using code blocks, the problem is i dont know what files i should link to. The tutorial said to link to Glew first then SFGUI so at least it told me that.

This is what I read:

http://sfgui.sfml-dev.de/p/docs/guide/linking

I asked for help on the SFGUI forum but the guy was very unhelpful.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.