Searching made easy

I have an issue of laziness that I would like to resolve.

My problem: I am a bing rewards user and I want to search 30 terms a day. However, it sucks having to type out all 30 every day. It takes time. And frankly it's quite boring and tedious.

My proposed solution: I want to create a bot type program in c++ that will open internet explorer, open a delimited file, read and load an array with the terms, then run a loop and search each term. There will have to be a buffer time between searches as it sometimes is slow.

My question: Is this even possible? I don't know exactly what to do or how to start it off. I took an intro to c++ class in the spring so I'm familiar with the syntax but I wouldn't know where to start as far as clicks (since you have to activate the search bar after every term), pressing enter, opening internet explorer, and such. I should also let you know that all the programs we wrote were console applications though I'm sure I can get the hang of anything with some help.

Also, I know there are probably already programs that have been written out there for this very purpose but I would like this to be a pet project of mine. As a student programmer, any hands on time I can get is of benefit.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Macro (in the sense of a recorded/generated sequence of input events) languages are designed for this kind of thing. While it can be done in C++, it's pointlessly more complicated.
For example, AutoIt.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.