Input restrictions for specific numbers

Say I already have a code for restricting alphabet input from another topic , I want to restrict the input to only allowing certain numbers such as
1 9 14 32 63, these numbers have no pattern is there an easy way to make this happen

Thanks DJ

if (cin.fail()){

cin.clear();
			cin.ignore(numeric_limits<int>::max(), '\n'); //c++ site
			continue;//repeats quickly
		}
If you only have that many numbers to restrict, then just use a switch() statement.
If you are not familiar, a switch statement is just a group of if statements that compare only integers.

So, Ex:
cin>>a;

switch(a){
case 1:
     cout<<"Oops! Try again!\n";
     break;
case 9:
     cout<<"Oops! Try again!\n";
     break;
}

The catch is, by comparing, I mean if a == 1, or a == 9.
So really,
case 1:
really just means
if(a == 1)

If you have a bunch of numbers, then this may not be ideal for you. But for only 5 values, the best way is just a switch statement
Thanks a lot, just one more question I actually have quite a few numbers to insert
about 25, is this a problem for the switch function? i see it as working but practicality?

DJ
Perhaps a vector initialized with all the valid numbers, get input, cycle through looking for a match, if no match then get input again. Saves from a long switch statement.
Yeah, if you have 25 numbers, just use a vector like what MaxDaniels said. switch statements can get messy if they are too long
Sorry I was unable to get back to this earlier, I haven't encountered the use of vectors . My program specification doesn't exactly say use them but. What about using an array?

Thanks DJ
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.