problem compiling n editplus 3

i am getting this ouput when compiling by editplus 3. i have configured user tools properly by giving Borland/BCC55/Bin path. i need suggestions to rectify the problem.
---------- Compile ----------
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
Error E2194: Could not find file 'and.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'Settings\admin\Desktop\C++.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'Examples.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'by.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'CMR\Exercises.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'C:\Documents.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'and.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'Settings\admin\Desktop\C++.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'Examples.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'by.cpp'
Error E2194: Could not find file 'CMR\Exercises\countWords.cpp'

Output completed (0 sec consumed) - Normal Termination

thank u
That's nothing to do with us. You just need to find your files and put them all in the same place so that it can compile them properly.
helo friend

wherever i put that file i am not able to compile. if i use the code blocks i am doing fine
You've probably told the IDE the files are in specific locations and it's trying to fetch them from those locations, but you've moved them.
Make a new project with all the files in the same directory.
This is you can see is to do with spaces in pathnames/directory names/filenames.

c:\documents and settings\admin\Desktop\c++ Examples by CMR\Exercises\countWords.cpp

This can be a problem with older programs and also when passing parameters on the commandline) because
it end up being split at the spaces.

When you have spaces , try enclosing the pathname in double quotes

"c:\documents and settings\admin\Desktop\c++ Examples by CMR\Exercises\countWords.cpp"

i have config editplus for Borland and just opened my program in editplus and tried to compile. i have put the file in the folder - editplus (D:\Program Files\EditPlus 3) and opened the file and stll getting the same problem
Last edited on
i am directly opening the file into editplus editor. using user tools i am trying to compile
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.