I need help. I am still new

NuMetro has a special on movies for all members of the public but special discounts for students and pensioners. If pensioners or students buy a movie ticket they receive 10% discount, but if they buy a movie and popcorn, they receive 20% discount. Other customers only receive a discount when they buy a movie ticket and popcorn, there is no discount for just a movie ticket alone.
Write a program named question6b.cpp that will consist of two functions. The program must prompt the user for type of customer (‘p’ for pensioner, ‘s’ for student, ‘o’ for other), the number of tickets and the number of popcorns. It must then call the relevant function according to the type of customer.
The first function must receive the customer type and calculates discount for pensioners and students. The second function calculates the discount for customers that are not pensioners or students. Both functions should also receive the number of tickets and the number of popcorns the customer wants to purchase.
The program should display the amount the customer should pay as well as the discount he receives.
Use appropriate constants for the price of a movie ticket (e.g. R35.00), the price of popcorn (e.g. R20.00) and for the two type of discount.
Please note, that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homework for you. However we are always willing to help solve problems you encountered, correct mistakes you made in your code and answer your questions.

We didn't see your attempts to solve this problem yourself and so we cannot correct mistakes you didn't made and answer questions you didn't ask. To get help you should do something yourself and get real problems with something. If your problem is "I don't understand a thing", then you should go back to basics and study again. As it is impossible to find derivative of function without knowledge in arithmetics, you cannot do more complex tasks in programming without clear understanding of basics
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.