Automatic name replacemant

So i have this long project and I want to replace something i defined (with #define) all over. The problem is that's its used so frequently that it can take hours if done manually.

I heard there is a faster way to do this, anyone heard of it?

Thanks in advance
Refactoring? Some IDEs come with refactoring tools which will let you replace one name with another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_refactoring
Its not exactly what I was looking for. I don't want to change anything about the project efficiency or layout, i just want to change everwhere i wrote "ABC" to make it say "CBA" instead.

I mean, i expect the answer to be something like cnt+S or something but i couldn't find anything.
Not sure how to google this problem either.
Last edited on
Consider using the Edit->Replace command in your integrated development environment (IDE) or source code editor. Make sure to set the Whole Word and Match Case options. (Or uncheck Ignore Case option)
i just want to change everwhere i wrote "ABC" to make it say "CBA" instead

How is that any different than:
I wrote:
Some IDEs come with refactoring tools which will let you replace one name with another.
Wasn't sure what IDE meant and from the wiki page I got the impression its a program that does something deeper then scan and change text. My bad then.

I found the Edit->Replace command and it worked fine.
Thanks for your time guys. Saved me a few frustrating hours.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.