when should I move from one chapter to another

Hi guys.i spend a lot ofstime reading c++ books.more than 10 hours per day.
And I can read 2 chapters each day.
But what I want to know is when should I move from one chapter to another, because I think I am reading too fast.especially that I am now learning polymorphism.
Stop. Reading. Books. I was in the same boat as you were. I bought 3 different C++ books, read them front to back, and still didn't understand it. Jump right into programming, think of a program that you can easily make that is helpful to you. Don't. Stop. Programming. If you can't figure out how to do something, then go to the book. I've found this out the hardway that the only way to get better at programming is to actually program.
I'm fairly certain everyone here will agree with me. I'll give you a link to a series that is TREMENDOUSLY HELPFUL, I went through each video and followed along, and it helped me really comprehend what I was doing. Here is that link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvC1WCdV1XU&list=PL3072B098E8A80AAF
> i spend a lot of time reading c++ books.more than 10 hours per day.
> when should I move from one chapter to another,

Spend about three hours or so reading books, and the remaining seven hours to make sure that you have assimilated what you have read. Good text books have exercises; tackle them before moving on to the next topic.

Write small programs as part of your learning; extend your understanding one small step at a time.

The most effective way to increase your store of knowledge is to try new problems in a controlled way. Pick one aspect of C++ that you haven't understood before and write a program that, aside from using that one aspect, uses only things that you have already mastered. ...

For example, if you aren't sure that you understand the difference between a copy constructor and an assignment operator, try writing a program that proves that you know the difference. The act of designing such a program will force you to understand the difference much more effectively than will merely reading more about copy and assignment.

- Koenig and Moo in "What do you do after you say Hello world!" (Ruminations on C++)
thank you all for your your help!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.