Common C++ Uses

Hi, I'm new to this organization. I'm 16 years old and just started programming this summer. I'm familiar with HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and bits of MySQL and PHP, but I've heard C++ is a must-learn language. So, to start off, can someone please list common uses (besides video games)? Please and Thank you!

C++ is not a "must-learn" language (not an organization, either), but it is a very important language for people that need to handle their program at a lower level. (Don't let the wording deceive you. "Lower level" in programming actually means more access to the computer's hardware)

C++ is a general use language. You can obviously use it to make video games, but you can apply the same principle you use for video games in professional software that handles things like trigonometry and simulations.

People can also use the Windows API, which gives them even lower level access to the system, and can be used for office applications. However, most people are starting to switch to C# for applications that are too simple for C++'s complex structure.
Thank you for the information, it really is encouraging!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.