Finding C++ Easier then java

Okay, I guess i should start by saying I'm not a 12 year old kid asking this question I'm 17 years old. My question is I've dabbed around in Java and C++ for awhile now, But C++ just seems easier for me to understand, And I'm understanding the concepts behind the language easier then java, Right now in C++ I've just made simple programs such as "Calculator", "Text RPG" , "Simple username/ Password Program" Those are without tutorials, But with java even if im watching a tutorial i just cant understand it. Now my Real Question here is? Is this a problem? is there more to C++ which will frustrate me to the point where i should of learnt java first? Is learning C++ really that big of a problem for beginners like others keep telling me?
~Thanks for taking your time to read this :)
~Postive and Negative feed back is welcome'd
Well, I guess you didn't use the class concept of C++. Java forces everyone to encapsulate everything with classes while C++ allows isolated functions.

So once you get the class concept (with member functions/variables) you will also get Java.
Just out of interest, in terms of progress where would you are down this list:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
?
The basics of C/C++ are quite simple. When I started learning programming in school we started with C++ because it was simpler and moved to Java when we started to learn about object-oriented programming (OOP).
(Mutexe)
I'd say "Dynamic Memory" (I haven't learnt anything about it)

I'm understanding the concepts behind the language easier then [sic] java
Is learning C++ really that big of a problem for beginners like others keep telling me?

Friend, don't let other people dictate what's easy for you and what's hard. If you find it easy then it's easy for you. Stick with it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.