Is this program dueable C++ or not?

I'm very new to C++ programming and I'd like to know how I can create a program which searches for a text on a website (It's my schools website) and then if there is the text Happy birthday Michael Anderson or any other name, then it'll store the name and the day of birth to the program or somewhere in a file. Is this possible and if yes, how would I be able to create this, is this C++ or not?
It is completely possible with C++ (if you can dream it, C++ can do it, as I always say). You will need to learn a decent amount though, not too much thou. You'll need to learn a networking API, on top of C++. I would suggest Boost.Asio (Boost Networking), but it has a bit of a learning curve. Could learn something simple but not powerful, but probably enough for the task, like SDL_Net (SDL Networking). Thanks, Spike.

Edit: If you load the page with a browser and just save the HTML, you can always do it manually and just use C++ to decode the HTML for the needed information.
Last edited on
You shouldn't do this in C++. Although you can fetch the page and search the content, you can't really do anything intelligent, like search visible text for example, because you won't be working with the DOM.

It's best done in something like CasperJS
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.