Trouble at start up in Visual Studio 2013 after creating a project

Hello!
I recently installed my visual studio IDE inside of a Windows 7 OS which is also inside my oracle V Box.
everything was working perfectly as of yesterday and now as of today I'm receiving this error inside the compiler even before I start coding.

------ Build started: Project: sfmlTest1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Cpp.targets(68) : Error: The "SetEnv" task could not be instantiated from the assembly "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Build.CppTasks.Common.dll". Please verify the task assembly has been built using the same version of the Microsoft.Build.Framework assembly as the one installed on your computer and that your host application is not missing a binding redirect for Microsoft.Build.Framework. Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.SetEnv' to type 'Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask'.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Cpp.targets(68) : Error: The "SetEnv" task has been declared or used incorrectly, or failed during construction. Check the spelling of the task name and the assembly name.
========== Build failed ==========

Can anybody explain why I'm receiving this message???

Thank You
AO!
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.