Advice on books

Recently, as I went through a course on C++ by Game Institute, I noticed that there are many basic and subtle knowledge points that keep escaping me. I started this course because it covers pretty much everything I would need to start programming C++ and it does so in a relatively summarized format. However, that's come to bite me.

After I'm done with this course, I think I should dedicate my time in carefully going over these troublesome basics. I've already got two books which I'm told are awesome. Problem is, they're both massive and I don't have time for both, at least not now. I would like an argument for why I should choose one over the other. The books are:

The C++ Programming Language, 4th edition, by Bjarne Stroustrup

AND

C/C++ Fundamentals by Kris Jamsa and Lars Klander (Is this the programming bible?)

Thanks.
I would personally go with he C++ Programming Language, 4th edition, by Bjarne Stroustrup.

Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of the programing language C++. You might think that because he is the creator, his books can be complicated. But they are actually not as complicated as one might think. He does use very basic examples, give it a try :)
I was leaning towards that one as well. Thanks for the input.

Anyone else have an opinion?
Hey guys, I would really like some more thoughts on this. What does one book have over the other?
Hey again buddy. There are alot of articles discussing books. You can read a bunch of amazon reviews. There is lots of info on the internet :)
What are the things you are struggling on? If there are only a few, it would be best to tailor a response to suit your needs, rather than a 1000 page book.
I struggle on arrays/pointers/objects and how they are passed and returned to/from functions. Those are the issues I seem to hit almost every time I don't spot my mistakes. Right now, the only OOP things I know are right up to inheritance, so I can't say what problems I'll have ahead. But the monster book should be a good read, even if it will have things that I know already.
if you like easy reading,
http://learncpp.com
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.