these forums are useless

forums are places where people can gain information, discuss different topics and get help from those with experience. Ive noticed people here will do everything but help. Sorry but we all cant be God programmers like you, and your doing a wonderful job of increasing the barrier to entry for new programmers to be great by not helping. But keep up the good work.

This is one of the most newbie friendly programming forums I've come across. Unfortunately, those of us who respond to questions are mere human beings and are only able to give what information we can in whatever spare time we can scrounge up.

If you aren't happy with the free help we're offering, that's unfortunate. But throwing a temper tantrum and insulting the community as a whole just because we didn't give you the exact help you were looking for isn't going to get you what you want. Nor is it going to change anything on the forums. If anything, it's just going to make the people here want to help you less.

If you want more help. Hire a tutor. Take a class. Hand-held guidance usually costs money. If you're not willing to spend, then take what free help you can get and don't complain when you get it.

"You get what you pay for" as the saying goes.
@Disch Amen to that. Just report his shittie post and get it removed.
I'm not a fan of deleting/ignoring posts I don't agree with.

This guy may be immature but that doesn't mean we should just sweep him under the rug.
I havent been here for a long time. But are posts like that welcome? It doesnt bring any discussion, and he is not asking for help. So why should it not be removed? It just a complaint letter, In my opinion it does not belong here.
*shrug*

Maybe you're right. Who knows.
Disch did not say that posts like this are welcome (or unwelcome); what he said was we aren't in the habit of just deleting or ignoring stuff, even if we don't like it.

It is a complaint letter, and properly belongs in the Lounge.

That said, having reviewed the 8 posts he's made and their responses, nevadarain is showing himself to be on the ignorant side of the internet. No one has mistreated him; all the responses he has received were helpful and polite; and the one post without a response is only 2 1/2 hours old.

He's just throwing a tantrum. C++ is hard to learn.

Don't throw a tantrum yourself, please.
closed account (2LzbRXSz)
I believe I have the solution to your problem, @nevadarain.
Now, normally I just provide helpful suggestions and links on how to fix what's wrong, but you seem a little confused (no offense), so I have no choice but to just give you the answer...

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    string nevadarainsFeelings;
    string how_nevadarain_approached_the_situation;
    string communitysFeelings;

if (nevadarainsFeelings == "unhappy")
    {
        if (how_nevadarain_approached_the_situation == "Made a helpful suggeston on how to fix his problem, or improve the community")
        {
            communitysFeelings = "Happy and ready to help.";
            // In the best case scenario...
            nevadarainsFeelings = "Improved";
        }
        else if (how_nevadarain_approached_the_situation == "Complained without giving an example, coming off as an angsty teenager")
        {
            communitysFeelings = "Confused, hurt, honest, but still probably willing to help"; /* Assuming of course. At 
                                                                                                least, that's how I would 
                                                                                                feel, since I always try my
                                                                                                best to give informative
                                                                                                answers. Honestly though, I 
                                                                                                didn't think anything of it. 
                                                                                                When I saw this post 
                                                                                                earlier, I thought he was 
                                                                                                just being a punk. */
            nevadarainsFeelings = "Unimproved";

}
        else
        {
            exit(0); // nevadarain realizes that he is unhappy, but is unsure how to fix his problem. He leaves cplusplus.com
        }
    }
}

I know, it's a bit simplistic. It could be more efficient, but I did it on a whim just to show you an example of how to handle the situation.

Feel free to read any of these links to learn a little more about any of the following methods used here:)

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/variables/ Variables
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ If statements
http://lifehacker.com/5795228/how-to-solve-just-about-any-problem Problem solving (honestly I just skimmed it, but it seems pretty useful!)
http://askville.amazon.com/politely-smell/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=10134425 I know, it's a bit of a stretch, but if you manipulate the situation slightly, this approach can work in just about any conflict.

Hope I could be of help!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.