Very New to Programming

Hi I'm new to programming and i need help with a lab, can someone PLEASE help me. By the way I'm learning c++ on mac

These are the directions: a program that asks the user how many hours they worked Next, modify the program so that it asks the user how many weeks are in the given pay-period, followed by that number of hourly inputs. The program should print the take-home pay for each of the weeks, then display the total for the month. Finding the total will require summing the weekly pay each time you go through the loop. Remember the total is zero to begin with.

Please help, I don;t even know what to do or how to start?

Thanks
Start with basic input and output and string variables.

I'm sure you have a programming book that came with your course?
Hey. I recommend watching buckys tutorials on youtube for the basics. He is fantastic at teaching out the basics of c++ - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83

Just remember to take it what he teaches you, and implement them in your own way. Dont just watch the video, but code with him.
Last edited on
Think about how you would solve this problem. Write down what you need to do, then code it.

To start:

-Get user inputs for hours, pay, weeks. These will probably be doubles (data type) since you have decimals for dollars and hours.
-Figure out the basic math to calculate wage by the hour. So pay * hours worked * weeks.
-It's asking you to use a loop so watch a tutorial like @TarikNeaj recommended. This will help you figure out the code for loops.

Just practice what tutorials show you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.