Hey peoples, just a quick question/statement

Write your question here.
Okay people, I'm just gonna level with you here. This is one of the worst things I've had to go through since jumping off a building, C++ is actually really starting to irritate me a bit, my question is, how do you learn this language? So far all I know how to do is enter text, the standard cin & cout operations or whatever, using namespace std;, my problem is within classes! https://www.thenewboston.com/videos.php?cat=16&video=17492 Right here is my problem, I'm using Xcode and I almost chuck a 30 inch tall monitor out the window, how does one even just sit down and code? I've had some fun with the language here, http://puu.sh/gK9kC/b179e4274b.png but as soon as I enter classes I just die! so I got 3 options.
This Site
Learn C++ in 24 Hours Book
TheNewboston.com
Which one should I choose, I hate every other language even more (basic is basic & c# makes me cry even more) This isn't a troll/joke post or anything, I'm just trying to pursue a hobby/dream, since I have nothing else on my schedule to do. I'm learning this language out of pure commitment and it's not working, I've been trying since I was 6 this is a very hard thing for me to do and I don't know why :V
Try setting a goal for something you want to program and then figure out what you have to do to get it working. When your stuck you can ask here, and people will help you.
idk, I want to make a game, but I don't even know where to start. My biggest fear is not knowing everything, running into a snag, I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
Not thenewboston. That site is terrible.
Get or use a book to learn the language features, read the sections, compile the sample code, and do the end-of-section exercises, if there are any.
Use websites like this one for the forums and reference pages. Ask questions to aid in a deeper understanding of the

You're not going like this part, but beginning c++ will be boring. You'll make silly little programs that output line after line of text. You'll make silly little programs that prompt the user to enter their name, then output that name to the console. You'll make silly little programs that open a file for writing, then you'll output line after line of text to them. You'll scratch your over pointers and dynamic memory, heap and stack.

But one day, you'll have an idea - you'll ask yourself a question. "I know about standard output (or whatever feature) but what if I......" And you'll research the answer to your question. Your understanding of the basics of the language will be enough that you can reach out a short ways for a little new information. And you'll create short little programs to test this new knowledge. That will lead to more questions, more searching, more learning, more programs, more testing.

My instructor likes to say "you begin to learn programming by answering questions and you continue to learn programming by asking them."
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.