Returning to C++ (on a mac)

Hi there

I went back to university and did a computing degree 6 years ago. It was a very "all round" degree where I learnt a little bit about a lot of IT disciplines (Hardware, Web Design, Databases, development methodologies etc), including some introductory programming.

Lately I've become interested in raising my C++ knowledge from the grave, have installed XCode on my mac, and have been reading through some of my old lecture notes and textbooks.

My question is, I'm looking to "learn as I go" and build a few simple projects to aid me in this. rather than console type programs, I want to build a few simple programs that interact with the GUI (a bit like using visual basic in Visual studio). What would you recommend I install...code libraries and such.

I've done a wee bit of reading on the net, looking at things like wxWidgets and GTK+ etc. I'm just looking for suggestions as to where to start. I'm not a TOTAL beginner, and have a fair bit of HTML / SQL / CSS coding experience...I'm just VERY rusty with C++ but would like to get "back in the saddle" again!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.