Looking for newbies to create a few games!

Hey guys,
Im currently in the transition from the console to graphical applications. Basically im looking to create a handful of 2-dimensional games to get myself acquainted with the game development process, and i wanted to extend the offer to all of you beginners who want a taste of the action.

The Library i will be using is SDL. I will create the functions for the graphics, that way it will be easy as pie for the team to display the content.

Graphics are only half the battle though. A game still needs physics, collision detection, Artificial Intelligence, Damage calculation, story-line, etc.

So if any of you out there want a little action outside of the console, PM me or reply to this message.

What i expect you to know off the bat:

variables & operators (int x = SCREEN_WIDTH / 2;)
Conditions (if - else)
loops (while - for)
Functions
Structures/Classes
Pointers/References

My Projected path:
Tic-Tac-Toe
Pong
Galaga
Flappy Bird || Mario
Online Tic-Tac-Toe
Small RPG

Lemme know if your interested!
Hey. Im currently studying in university (first year) and this sounds like something super fun! Ive only made one game so far, and that is space invaders but in SFML rather than SDL. This could be a very cool learning experience. Im interested, can we talk on skype?
Awesome! i didn't think to find someone interested this quickly! I dont have Skype as of now, but i will go ahead and make an account when i get back home. Im heading out for a date, so ill probably get back to you tomorrow.

Ill PM you my Skype ID in the morning when its all set up!

I look forward to working with you ^_^
Sounds great man, Have fun on your date And looking forward to talking to you too :)
TarikNeaj wrote:
Hey. Im currently studying in university (first year) and this sounds like something super fun! Ive only made one game so far, and that is space invaders but in SFML rather than SDL. This could be a very cool learning experience. Im interested, can we talk on skype?

We encountered each other quite frequently in a lot of other threads with people needing help.

Nice to know something about you. I'm interested in joining this too if I can.
Im here very often, so if you're sticking around expect to encounter me many more times :p
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.