CodeBlocks: Openning two projects in separate windows?

How do I open two separate projects in two separate windows of CodeBlocks? Whenever I try to open a second project, it just opens it up in the same codeblocks application as the first one (but as a separate file). I want to be able to to have 2 codeblocks applications open, each with a different program.

I already tried settings -> environment --> uncheck "allow only one running instance" and uncheck "use an already running instance".

It didn't work.

Any help with this?
I already tried settings -> environment --> uncheck "allow only one running instance" and uncheck "use an already running instance".

I just tried that on my copy too, and you're right, it doesn't work.

This seems like a bug to me. I'd file it on the C::B bug tracker.
So there's no solution to this?
Holy Mother of Shits Im a genius. I just came up with the fix after trying for 30 minutes

4 minutes 3 minutes and 34 seconds.

settings -> environment --> Uncheck both "Allow only one running instance" AND "Use an already running instance".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoBMayjlUo

After you've opened one window, the other one MUST be opened as an administrator. So simply right click on it and open as admin. Let me know if this works!
Last edited on
Sorry, but how do I "open as administrator"? I right-clicked on the code-blocks app after opening one project, and there is no such option. I also tried right-clicking on an already open file.... nothing.

Am I missing something here?
Either way, this is a workaround at best, and the program is clearly not behaving as it should.

I strongly recommend you file a bug at the Code Blocks website so they can fix this.

EDIT:

Wait a minute... this works without running as admin. All you have to do is uncheck those two boxes and restart the program.
Last edited on
Nope. Still not working for me.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.