Is this possible?

Hello, Here is a little information about my inquiry.

We have a McAfee SaaS product installed on our computers that I manage (Around 200 Windows PCs running Win7 Pro). And the computers are set to check for updates every 12 hours or so. About 40/200 for whatever reason are not checking for updates from time to time, and I was wondering if there is a way to invoke this "script" manually that could be run remotely because calling every person using the workstation is a big hassle for me and them. In the Notification bar you can right click the McAfee icon and press on "Update Security" and this is when mcafee will check for updates.

Before you start saying this sounds like something you should ask McAfee, I would like to say that this can not only happen with McAfee, but with any other program that might need to check for updates every 12-24 hours.

I have already checked for a program in program files and used Procexec to try to locate a possible command line option for this, but with no success. All I want to know is if this is at all possible to somehow invoke a GUI function of a program. Here is a image below.

http://i61.tinypic.com/kaigz6.png

Thanks
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.