How do I access my router gateway with brute force?

To begin, I own all hardware that is being used. I am just experimenting with computer science by solving a real problem.I would never break into someone else's hardware.

I am looking to "break into" my password protected router from my IP address.(where I type http://192.168.0.1 into my browser) I actually forgot my password and I wanted to tackle this challenge. There is no limit to the number of times I can submit a wrong password so I decided to try a brute force method. I know how to make an algorithm that increases the ascii by one and how to make the "place value" do the same, but with 256 ascii codes per "place value", I don't think I can process the codes to more than a few characters of a password. Not only this, but I additionally need a way to export these passwords to the webpage. The webpage is coded in ASP if that helps anyone. Thank you for the help!

I am 98% sure that the username is admin if that helps. i am really interested on making my c++ applicable. Thanks :)
Last edited on
The best way to do that is not with C++. If you just want to hack, there are easier tools.

If you want to learn C++ networking start with a server/client app.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.