can't set up QT(GUI for c++)

i downloaded 5.4.2 version of QT but getting following errors when building a project.

10:23:24: Configuration is faulty. Check the Issues view for details.
Error while building/deploying project untitled4 (kit: Desktop Qt 5.4.2 MSVC2013 64bit)
When executing step "Make"
in compile output tab
and
QT creator needs a compiler setup to build. configure a compiler in the kit option.

i downloaded offline version of qt for windows named. : Qt 5.4.2 for Windows 64-bit (VS 2013, 709 MB)

i seem to have problem in compiler. i initially used code blocks for c++ and so didn't need to set up a separate compiler. from googling i found i need to use either mingw or MSVC compiler. mingw didn't work and then downloaded "vc_CompilerCTP.Nov2013.exe" but it didn't seem to work in its own giving following message "A valid Visual Studio 2013 installation was not found". what should i do. i don't want to download visual studio c++ IDE as i have code blocks already and slow internet. but if i must if there is no other way, please put the link for downloading the same below(with correct version to work with QT ) and only if it would surely work.(slow internet again)

it's kinda urget as i need sth to do and can't remain idle anymore.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.