Want to get started with game programming.

Hello I am a complete newbie to C++. I have a question to ask. I want to get started with Game Programming and I want to know what would be a good tut for me. What do I need to know in C++ to get started with Game Programming?
You need to know the Basics about the language like writing a very simple program, use of cout<< and cin>>, operators, declaration and initializations etc. Then you need to know some of the headerfiles and libraries, C++ decision making and control statements. Learn to use these simple things to create a meaningful and workable program. All these are very simple to learn! If you can be able to learn them plus very good problem solving techniques, it would be very easier for you to develop any APP of choice.
Okay and one more thing. What would be a good tut on youtube or website that i could follow (free pls) ? Also, thank you for taking your time to answer, Aminu Bishir.
Theonesuperx Knowledge is now almost FREE! The only barrier is one's commitment. You can get WHATEVER you want on youtube be it Tutorial or even lecture for FREE! Talking about websites you can join Khanacademy, code.org, stack overflow or you can google and choose any one you like.
That is true. I need to stop asking so many questions. Thanks again.
No, Buddy, you are free to ask any question, that is why we are all here -to learn.
I know whom book you will have read to learn C++. Stroustrup.
His book looks interesting,but gee..50$ on Amazon.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.