Autocomplete for switch in codeblocks?

Hi!
I'm making a program relying on switches with many cases.
Is there a way to autocomplete a switch?
Like I press a button and I automatically get a new line of 'case' with autocompleted number and break?
Thanks
I do not use Code::Blocks very much but, for what I know, there is not such a function
It depends on your IDE if you can do that, but I'm not sure autocompleting the case value is something that can usually be done. Handling each number in a range like that is not even the most common situation. Often people use constant/enum names instead of magic numbers so it wouldn't really work. I guess it could be useful to be able to generate all cases for all values in an enum but I have not seen this feature so I don't know if it exist.

Usually when I'm adding a bunch of switch cases I often copy as much code as is common for all cases and then fill in the values for each case manually.
case :
	break;

If you want to automatically generate all the case values you could write a program to do it but that is probably only worth it if you have a huge number of cases.
Last edited on
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Orwell's Dev-C++ fork has the ability to add code snippets, and switch is one of the included snippets. I doubt, though Dev-C++ would do what you are looking for.,
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.