wxWidgits3.02 & Code::Blocks13.12 problem?

ok so I'm guessing allot of you know what I'm about to say...

Ive gone through 4 different copies of wx, i've done it a fair few ways this one might be my closest so far, using Unicode, i did the $(#wx.lib)\gcc_lib\mswu thing for each apart from DLL coz couldn't find the one for it...

anyway I got past the #include "wx/setup.h" but yea now im getting a new one...

"App.h:13:20: fatal error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated."

is this just going to happen for every include every-time i get rid of one?

Do i need to put in all the search directories for each one... :/

is it a bug? from new widgit/blocks combo?? i did try 2.8 but mmm..

is their a better program I should use for widgits instead? that wont that or is this a "windows" problem???

Please answer I've been up all night trying to figure it out lol...
Last edited on
I don't know wxWidgits or Code::Blocks but usually you need to add the -I statement for the compiler so it knows where to find include files. What does your compile statement look like?
I dont know if this is what you mean??

-------------- Build: Debug in WMTGD++ (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -I"C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc_lib\msw" -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\lib\gcc_lib\msw -I"C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc_lib\msw" -c "C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.cpp" -o obj\Debug\WMTGD__App.o
In file included from C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.cpp:10:0:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.h:13:20: fatal error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

but yea I changed this C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include to this C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include$(#wx.lib)\gcc_lib\msw to get that....

instead of this...

-------------- Build: Debug in WMTGD++ (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\lib\gcc_lib\msw -c "C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.cpp" -o obj\Debug\WMTGD__App.o
In file included from C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/defs.h:27:0,
from C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/event.h:14,
from C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/app.h:19,
from C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.h:13,
from C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.cpp:10:
C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/platform.h:183:22: fatal error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Sorry I think I need an answer from someone with the same code::blocks and widget??

but yea if you can help me, you might have to explain it more lamely...

forgot to mention before that when i create the widgit it says i don't have a debug or release...

but yea apparently theirs 2 of these that are meant to stop it, im using now the 3.0.2 xwWidget MSW setup pack not the all one or apple one...

I've already tried all that if anyone has that idea...
Last edited on
Yes, I hope you find someone with the "same code::blocks and widget".
ok so i did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgAaiBg4wEE

and managed to get rid of that no "debug" thing and now only using debug...

but still getting both errors >>>>>>>.<<<<<<<<

**** lol...

EDIT: ok so i got it to at-least make the debug file but yea now when i put stuff in the in the wx bit i get stuff like this... >.<

mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -Wall -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -c "C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__App.cpp" -o obj\Debug\WMTGD__App.o
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -Wall -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include -IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -c "C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp" -o obj\Debug\WMTGD__Main.o
In file included from C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/laywin.h:14:0,
from C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.h:15,
from C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:10:
C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/generic/laywin.h:156:1: error: expected class-name before '{' token
C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/generic/laywin.h:164:58: error: 'wxSW_3D' was not declared in this scope
C:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include/wx/generic/laywin.h:170:58: error: 'wxSW_3D' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp: In constructor 'WMTGD__Frame::WMTGD__Frame(wxWindow*, wxWindowID)':
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:57:109: error: 'wxSW_3D' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:58:24: error: 'class wxSashLayoutWindow' has no member named 'SetSashVisible'
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:58:39: error: 'wxSASH_TOP' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:59:24: error: 'class wxSashLayoutWindow' has no member named 'SetSashVisible'
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:59:39: error: 'wxSASH_BOTTOM' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:60:24: error: 'class wxSashLayoutWindow' has no member named 'SetSashVisible'
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:60:39: error: 'wxSASH_LEFT' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:61:24: error: 'class wxSashLayoutWindow' has no member named 'SetSashVisible'
C:\Users\User\Desktop\CB Games\WMTGD++\WMTGD++\WMTGD__Main.cpp:61:39: error: 'wxSASH_RIGHT' was not declared in this scope
Last edited on
lol ok now i think i'm upto the I statement thing that was said :P I think maybe I shouldn't have tried jumping ahead like that when I don't know the codes for that stuff yet...

if your a noob like me ppl I would suggest learning the code before trying xwWidgits lol...

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.