Vector-based GUI Widget library for Biz apps

Hi All

I’m considering using C++ as a cross-platform, compiled language. Initially I intend to develop S/W for MS Windows, but later would like to run the S/W on other platforms supported by C++.

With C++, I want to use a cross-platform widget library, which should be based on vector graphics and be event-driven. The Library, should preferably have a native look and feel. Does such a vector-based, event-driven, cross-platform widget library exist?

If so, can the UI layout be specified declaratively (rather than procedurally) using a language such as MS XAML or XUL?

Which IDE should I use in order to create projects using C++ and this widget library?

Thanks

Steven

Last edited on
vector graphic -> do you want to create web pages ?

X ... ML -> definitely web .

You should say in the title the for what kind of application . I was going to say QT .
OK, The apps will be typical biz apps. The widgets should be typical widgets such as textbox, button, combobox, etc.

WPF provides vector-based widgets and what I'm looking for is similar. The older product on MS - WinForms - provided only raster-based widgets. Vector widgets have many advantages over raster-based ones, including transformability (scaling, translation, etc.)

I am interested in cross-platform Desktop apps, Web pages, Tablet apps.

Does QT support vector graphics?

Thanks.
Steven
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.