Opinions? C++ or Java?

I know this is silly to be asking on a C++ website but I find that this community is the best for giving in depth information on subjects that don't always directly relate to only C++. My school teaches C++ as it's main language and it's great and all, but I don't plan to use it after my schooling. Here is the dilemma I am stuck in: I need to start building a portfolio of projects for when I graduate so I can show Employers what I've worked on during school. I am a much better C++ programmer than I am with Java. It's my native language. Should I stick with it and try and build my portfolio in C++, or should I learn the syntax of Java and use it's built in GUI libraries for my portfolio projects, or should I stick it out with C++?

Edit: I am struggling with 3rd party Libraries: (QT) which is drawing me away :S
Last edited on
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Learn both.

The more cross-language experience you have the more desirable you are to a potential employer.
Learn both. If you are comfortable with one programming language, it should be easy to learn others.
if you know Oriented Object , it should not be a problem . For the syntax you can still bring a book or surf on the net at work.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.