Image Processing - Low Level

Hi y'all
I'm current working on a new color model that i found at a tdp and i'm using opencv to manipulate the image.
But i'm lately having this problem:
How it's a new color model i have to acces the pixel variables by not using any library, because this model isn't rbg or hsv follow model.
So what happens to this model is:
I take the rbg, calculate and generate a hpg pixel color model.
I could talk with the makers of this model cuz i recent have been at the latin american robotics competition, and he told me that make this change thru opencv wasn't been possible because they have implemented it using low level programing, still in c++, but for personal reasons i wasn't able to see the code.
So, i searched but everything image related was using some library.
C++ Don't have an image class or things about this implemented at its core, without library?
Thanks
I don't see the problem?

once the image is loaded into memory you have access to its content whether it is rgb or something else.
What this person probably told you is that it's not possible to convert an RGB bitmap to this color space using OpenCV because OpenCV doesn't have a function that understands this color space. You can still use OpenCV (or any other image processing library) to access the RGB values of a pixel to easily handle the conversion yourself (at a performance cost, of course).

On an unrelated note:
How it's a new color model
When "como" is used as equivalent to "porque", the correct translation is "since". "Since it's a new color model..."
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.