Loop question

Hi!
I'm a complete beginner and have been learning C++ for a mounth or so via an internet course. It has been going fine untill we came to looping and got an assignment that goes :
"Write a program that asks a number and writes a figure depending on the number. Here is an exemple:

number: 3

A
AA
AAA

number: 5

A
AA
AAA
AAAA
AAAAA
"

And here is where i got stuck. I understand how to loop with for, while, do... while. But none of them seem to achiev this result directly. I tried searching for a way to type a character N X times but all these searches gave an answers either "you need to loop character N" or "oh, you're thinking of a diffrent language, you can't do that with C++".

I would appreciate some help before I turn to the teacher with this. Please bear in mind that this is a beginners task that has to do with loops, so the solution is probably simple. Thanks!

It is. However, nothing is obvious until you learn it, so don't let anyone make you feel bad.

The trick is that you need two loops, one inside the other.

The outside loop controls the number of lines printed AND the number of 'A's per line.
The inside loop prints all the 'A's on the line.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for answers! I did suspect that this requares 2 loops, but even after reading how you embed a loop into a loop, I can only manage this.

AAA
AAA
AAA
{

for(int row=1;row<=3;row++)

{
		for(int sign=1;sign<=3;sign++)
		cout<<'A';
		cout<<endl;
	}	

I can't figure out how control the amount of repeats inside the row...
Hint: one of those variables knows how long the inner loop must run.
How could i not see that x__x Thanks!
The inner loop's continue statement is controled with outers loop variable.

for(int row=1;row<=3;row++)

{
	for(int sign=1;sign<=row;sign++)
	cout<<'A';
	cout<<endl;

}

Problem solved
:O)

Nothing is obvious.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.